Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Way In

A blizzard of calls this afternoon to try and secure a shipping container. There was a lead on a 40' container that might be available in the future and today the lead became a desperate, last minute scramble to get it out of it's present location. The deadline was midnight. I was on the case.
For a little back story, I have a friend who had a girlfriend who's taking him to the cleaners. Knowing both sides of the situation (and in the market for a container) I inquired from each direction and found myself able to get it from one side or the other. Just a matter of time. Didn't think it was going to be so little time.
My friend called early afternoon with the offer of the container as long as I got it today. By midnight because that is when the court order expired and the container, as well as it's contents, became the property of the ex. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
In a series of phone calls to trucking companies (to pick up the box) and my excavator (to put in a rough driveway into our property) I found a few possible solutions. What happened was a trucking company picked it up and is storing it on their yard until the driveway is built. Fortunately the excavator can get to it Friday and then we'll have it brought to the land. Everyone wins. Especially us.

No comments: